NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. Void where prohibited by law. Many will enter, few will win. A purchase or payment of any kind will not increase your chances of winning.
Official Winner is solely responsible for all federal, state, and local taxes and any additional costs, fees and/or expenses associated with the actual retail value the prize as may be required.
Sponsor: General Mills Sales, Inc., One General Mills Blvd., Minneapolis, MN 55440.
Administrator: Arrowhead Promotion & Fulfillment Co., 1105 SE 8th Street, Grand Rapids, MN 55745.
1. Eligibility. Favorited Comedian, Presented by Totino’s (the “Contest”) is open only to legal residents of the fifty (50) United States and the District of Columbia who are at least 18 years of age at the time of entry. Employees of Sponsor or any promotion, advertising, judging or public relations company doing business with any of the above or any of their respective parent and affiliate companies as well as the immediate family (spouse, parents, siblings and children) and household members of each such employee are not eligible to enter. The Contest is subject to applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations and is void where prohibited. Participation in the Contest constitutes your full and unconditional agreement to be bound by these Official Rules and Sponsor’s decisions, which are final and binding in all matters related to the Contest. Winning a prize is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements set forth herein.
2. Timing. The Contest entry period begins on May 1, 2015 at 10:00 a.m. Central Standard Time (“CST”) and ends on May 22, 2015 at 11:59 p.m. CST (the “Entry Period”). For the purposes of this Contest a day (“Day”) is defined as a calendar day beginning at 12:00:01 a.m. CST and ending at 11:59:59 p.m. CST. Administrator’s computer is the official time-keeping device for the Contest.
3. How to Enter. To enter during the Entry Period, visit totinosliving.com/enter (the “Contest Site”), click on the Contest’s application page and follow the online instructions to obtain an entry. You will be invited to submit the url for a video posted on a video sharing website between two (2) and four (4) minutes in length, of one of your own original stand-up comedy acts (the “Entry”). During the entry process, you will also be asked to submit a short explanation (300 characters or less) of why you want to win. Both the video and explanation of why you want to win must be the original work of the entrant whose name appears on the entry form, with no co-writers. The entry and video must be in English and posted on a video sharing website such as YouTube or Vimeo per the instructions on the Contest application page. Limit one (1) Entry per person, per email address. Entries received from any person or email address in excess of the limitation will be void. All Entries become the sole property of the Sponsor and will not be returned.
Use of any automated system to participate is prohibited and will result in disqualification. Released Parties (as defined in Section 10, below) are not responsible for lost, late, stolen, damaged, incomplete, invalid, un-intelligible, garbled, delayed or misdirected Entries. In the event of a dispute as to who submitted an Entry, the authorized account holder of the email address used to enter will be deemed to be the entrant. The “authorized account holder” is the natural person assigned an email address by an Internet access provider, online service provider or other organization responsible for assigning email addresses for the domain associated with the submitted address. Potential winners may be required to show proof of being an authorized account holder.
4. Entry Requirements. All Entries must comply with the following additional requirements to be considered eligible:
a. The Video must be between two (2) and four (4) minutes in length, and in English.
b. The Video must be posted on a video sharing site such as YouTube or Vimeo, with url provided in your Entry on the Contest application page
c. The Entry must not make product claims about Totino’s or state that Totino’s products caused a particular health or similar benefit or any other claim which does not reflect a typical consumer experience.
d. The Entry may not contain any content that is overtly lewd, obscene, sexually explicit, pornographic, disparaging, defamatory, libelous, obscene, or that otherwise contains inappropriate content or objectionable material as determined by Sponsor in its sole and unfettered discretion.
e. The Entry must be your original work, created solely by you, and must not infringe the copyright, trademark, privacy, publicity, or other intellectual rights of any person or entity.
f. The Entry must not contain any personally identifiable information or likeness without the person’s consent. No limit on the number of people featured and/or performing in the video, with the understanding that only the person who created the Entry is eligible to be a potential winner. You may not be, nor may you work with parties in conjunction with your Entry, who: 1) are represented under contract (e.g., by a talent agent or manager) that would limit or impair Sponsor’s ability to display the Entry in any media form; 2) have an acting or modeling contract that would make their appearance in the Entry a violation of any third party rights; or 3) are under any other contractual relationship, including but not limited to guild and/or union memberships, that may prohibit them from participating fully in this Contest, or from allowing Sponsor to use royalty-free, the Entry worldwide in all media in perpetuity.
g. The Entry must not contain any commercial content, trademarks or logos other than that of Totino’s, General Mills, Inc. or Nerdist.
h. The Entry may not have been previously published and may not have won previous awards, but may have been previously performed.
i. The Entry may not contain any material or elements that are not owned by you and/or which are subject to the rights of third parties.
By submitting your Entry, you agree that your Entry conforms to these Official Rules and that Sponsor, in its sole discretion, may disqualify your Entry for any reason at any time, including if it determines, in its sole discretion, that your Entry fails to conform to these Official Rules in any way or otherwise contains unacceptable content as determined by Sponsor, in its sole discretion. In addition, you hereby grant permission for the Entry to be posted on the Contest Site or other websites, and within other promotions and/or advertisements. You agree that Released Parties (as defined below) are not responsible for any unauthorized use of Entries by third parties. Released Parties do not guarantee the posting of any Entry. You agree that you will not use the Entry for any other purpose without the express consent of Sponsor in each instance.
5. Judging. All eligible Entries received by Sponsor will be judged by a panel of judges (“Judges”) based on the following criteria:
The entry with the highest scores from the Judges will be deemed the potential winner (the “Potential Winner). In the event of a tie, the Potential Winner among the tied Potential Winners with the highest score in Creativity from the Judges will be declared the Potential Winner. If the Contest Site fails for any reason any Entry received during that time will be deemed a defective Entry.
6. Verification of Potential Winners. Potential Winner will be notified on or about June 1, 2015. Prize award is subject to verification of eligibility and compliance with these Official Rules. The Potential Winner will be required to sign an Affidavit of Eligibility, Liability & Publicity Release (unless prohibited) (“Affidavit”), which must be completed and returned by Potential Winner and received by Sponsor by June 3, 2015 at 11:59pm CST to be deemed an official winner to Sponsor and/or Administrator’s satisfaction before being declared an official winner (“Official Winner”). Potential Winner will be required to complete a W9 tax form in order to claim prize. If Potential Winner cannot be contacted, fails to execute and return the Affidavit within the required time period (if applicable), or prize is returned as undeliverable, Potential Winner forfeits the prize. In the event that the Potential Winner is disqualified for any reason, fails or refuses to claim his or her prize for any reason, or a prize is unclaimed, the prize will be forfeited and Sponsor will select an alternate winner by applying the judging criteria above. A total of two (2) alternate Potential Winners will be determined, after which the applicable prize will remain un-awarded. Prizes will be awarded “as is” with no warranty or guarantee, either express or implied offered by Sponsor.
One (1) Prize. The Official Winner will be awarded a prize (the “Prize Package”), which is the opportunity to perform during a Nerdist podcast recording in Los Angeles taking place on June 8, 2015 and as the opening act for Chris Hardwick’s stand-up comedy show at the San Diego, CA Comic-Con taking place July 10, 2015.
Included in the Prize Package is a trip for two (2) to Los Angeles, CA (the “Podcast Trip Package”). The Podcast Trip Package consists of round trip, coach class air transportation for Official Winner and Guest from a major U.S. gateway airport nearest Official Winner’s residence to Los Angeles, CA; standard hotel accommodations for two (2) days and one (1) night for Official Winner and guest (one room, double occupancy) of Sponsor’s choice; car service to all Sponsor scheduled events including the podcast recording and to and from airport; and $500.00 cash in the form of a check issued to the Official Winner. Approximate Retail Value (“ARV”) of the Podcast Trip Package: $2,500.00.
Also included in the Prize Package is a trip for two (2) to San Diego, CA (the “Comic-Con Trip Package”). The Comic-Con Trip Package consists of round trip, coach class air transportation for Official Winner and Guest from a major U.S. gateway airport nearest Official Winner’s residence to San Diego, CA; standard hotel accommodations for two (2) days and one (1) night for Official Winner and guest (one room, double occupancy) of Sponsor’s choice; car service to all Sponsor scheduled events including Comic-Con performance and to and from airport; and $500.00 cash in the form of a check issued to the Official Winner. Approximate Retail Value (“ARV”) of the Comic-Con Trip Package: $2,500.00.
Official Winner must be available to perform at the podcast recording and Comic-Con event listed above or prize will be forfeited. If winner is 18 – 20 years of age, his/her accompanying guest must be at least 21 years of age. During the Chris Hardwick opening act, the Official Winner may perform no more than five (5) minutes of stand-up comedy of his/her choice (the “Act”) that is his/her own original work. Plans for and content of the Official Winner’s Act must be reviewed and approved by both Sponsor and Chris Hardwick prior to performance. Actual value of each Trip Package may vary based on point of departure and actual costs. Any difference between ARV and actual value will not be awarded. The Podcast Trip Package must be taken by June 9, 2015, and the Comic-Con Trip Package must be taken July 13, 2015 or prize will be forfeited and Sponsor will have no further obligation to such Official Winner. All federal, state and local taxes and all other costs associated with prize acceptance and use not specified herein as being provided, including transportation, meals, souvenirs, gratuities, etc. are solely the responsibility of the Official Winner and his/her Guest.
Total ARV of all prizing: $5,000.00. All federal, state and local taxes and all other costs associated with prize acceptance and use not specified herein as being provided are solely the responsibility of the Official Winner and his/her Guest.
7. Prize Restrictions. Limit one (1) prize per person/household. If Official Winner resides within a one hundred (100) mile radius of concert venue city (a “local resident”), in lieu of the round trip air transportation portion of the Podcast Trip Package or Comic-Con Trip Package, Official Winner and Guest will receive round-trip ground transportation of Sponsor’s choice for Official Winner between Official Winner’s residence and the hotel. No compensation will be awarded in lieu of the difference in the ARV for the Trip Packages. Official Winner’s Guest must be of legal age of majority in his/her jurisdiction of residence, unless the child or legal ward of Winner and must sign a liability/publicity release and a Companion Liability Release (collectively the “Releases”) prior to issuance of any travel documents. If the Guest is a child or legal ward of Official Winner, Official Winner must sign and return the Releases on behalf of such child or legal ward. Travel must be made through Sponsor’s agent, on a carrier of Sponsor’s choice. Travel is subject to availability. Official Winner and his/her Guest must possess United States government-approved travel documents. The Sponsor is not responsible for any cancellations, delays, diversions or substitutions, or any act or omission whatsoever with respect to the Trip Package or concert performance. Except as indicated in the Trip Packages, all meals, taxes, gratuities, travel insurance, bag check fees, parking fees, laundry service, food, alcoholic beverages, incidentals (including mini-bar), phone charges, merchandise, souvenirs and other expenses not specifically identified in these Official Rules are solely the responsibility of the Official Winner and Guest. Official Winner and Guest must comply with all hotel check-in requirements, including the presentation of a major credit card. Sponsor is not responsible for any mechanical difficulties or failure connected with any prize, or any act or omission whatsoever. No transfer, substitution, or cash equivalent for any prize is allowed except at Sponsor’s sole discretion. Sponsor reserves the right in its sole and absolute discretion, to substitute a prize or prize component with a prize of equal or greater value. Prize Package is non-transferable and may not be given, bartered, substituted, sold, or exchanged for cash or another prize. Unused components of the Trip Packages have no redeemable cash value. All airline tickets issued in connection with the Trip Packages are not eligible for frequent flyer miles, upgrades and cannot be used in conjunction with any other promotion or offer.
Air transportation and hotel accommodations must be taken together and cannot be taken separately. Official Winner’s Guest must travel on same itinerary as Official Winner for each Trip Package. No changes will be made to travel details once any element(s) of the travel arrangements have been booked, except at Sponsor’s sole discretion. Lost or stolen tickets, travel vouchers or certificates or similar items, once they are in an Official Winner’s possession, will not be replaced. Travel must be roundtrip. Any unclaimed and/or unused Trip Package or element thereof will be forfeited by and will remain the property of Sponsor. No refund or compensation will be made in the event of the cancellation or delay of any flight. Travel is subject to the terms and conditions set forth in these Official Rules and those set forth by Sponsor’s air travel prize supplier, as detailed in the passenger ticket contract issued by such supplier. In the event an Official Winner and/or his or her Guest engage in behavior that (as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion) is obnoxious or threatening, illegal or that is intended to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other person, Sponsor reserves the right to terminate the Trip Package or other applicable experience early, in whole or in part, and send the Official Winner and/or his or her Guest home with no further compensation.
Official Winner must comply with all regulations and restrictions of the particular event venue in order to perform at the event. If Official Winner does not comply with the venue’s instructions, that portion of the Prize Package may be forfeited.
All prize details are at Sponsor’s sole discretion. Prize is awarded “as is” with no warranty or guarantee, either express or implied. All applicable federal, state or local taxes, as well as any other costs and expenses associated with prize acceptance not specified herein as being provided are the responsibility of the winner. If eligible winner is 18 years of age but still deemed a minor in his/her state of residence, Sponsor reserves the right to award such prize in the name of his/her parent or legal guardian, who will be responsible for fulfilling all requirements imposed on winner set forth herein.
9. Publicity. Except where prohibited, accepting a prize in the Contest constitutes your consent for Sponsor to use your Entry, name, likeness, hometown and state for promotional purposes in any media without further payment or consideration. This consent includes, but is not limited to, the Entry and any content gathered by Sponsor.
10. Release. By receipt of any prize, you agree to release and hold harmless Sponsor and Administrator, and their respective subsidiaries, affiliates, suppliers, distributors, advertising, agencies, and prize suppliers, and each of their respective parent and affiliate companies and each such company’s officers, directors, employees and agents (collectively, the “Released Parties”) from and against any losses, damages, rights, claim or cause of action of any kind arising, in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, out of your participation in the Contest or resulting directly or indirectly, from your acceptance, possession, use, or misuse of any prize awarded in connection with the Contest.
11. General Conditions. Sponsor reserves the right to cancel, suspend and/or modify the Contest, or any part of it, if any fraud, technical failures or any other factor beyond Sponsor’s reasonable control impairs the integrity or proper functioning of the Contest, as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion. In such event, Sponsor reserves the right to award the prize at random from among the eligible entries received up to the time of the impairment. No more than the stated number of prizes in these official rules will be awarded. Sponsor, in its sole discretion, reserves the right to disqualify any individual who tampers with the entry process or the operation of the Contest or who acts in violation of these Official Rules or in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner.
WARNING: Any attempt by any person to deliberately undermine the legitimate operation of the Contest may be a violation of criminal and civil law, and, should such an attempt be made, Sponsor reserves the right to seek damages from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law. Sponsor’s failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision.
12. Limited Liability. The Released Parties are not responsible for: (1) any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by entrant, by printing errors or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Contest; (2) technical failures of any kind, including, but not limited, to malfunctions, interruptions, or disconnections in phone lines or network hardware or software; (3) unauthorized human intervention in any aspect of the Contest; (4) printing, typographical, technical, computer, network or human error which may occur in the announcement of the prizes or in any Contest-related matter or materials; or (5) any injury or damage to persons or property which may be caused, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from participation in the Contest and/or downloading of any materials related to this Contest. If for any reason an Entry is confirmed to have been erroneously deleted, lost, or otherwise destroyed or corrupted, entrant’s sole remedy is another Entry in the Contest.
13. Disputes. Except where prohibited, you agree that: (1) any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Contest or any prize awarded shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action; (2) any and all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering this Contest, but in no event attorneys’ fees; and (3) under no circumstances will you be permitted to obtain awards for, and you hereby waive all rights to claim, indirect, punitive, incidental and consequential damages and any other damages, other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses, and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of the entrant and Sponsor in connection with the Contest, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the State of New York without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules (whether of the State of New York or any other jurisdiction), which would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than the State of New York.
15. Winner List. For Rules or a winner list, visit the Contest Site. The winner list will be posted after winner confirmation is complete.
ABBREVIATED RULES FOR USE ON WEBSITE LANDING PAGE
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. Open only to legal residents of the United States, 18 years of age or older. Submit your entry online. Entries must be received by 11:59 p.m. CST on May 22, 2015. Void where prohibited. See Official Rules at www.totinosliving.com/rules for details. Sponsored by General Mills Sales, Inc., One General Mills Blvd., Minneapolis, MN 55440.
ABBREVIATED RULES FOR USE IN PRINT
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. Open only to legal residents of the United States, 21 years of age or older. Submit your entry online. Entries must be received by 11:59 p.m. CST on May 22, 2015. Void where prohibited. For Official Rules and details, go to www.totinosliving.com/enter. Sponsored by General Mills Sales, Inc., One General Mills Blvd., Minneapolis, MN 55440.